The Capehart-Crocker House is a designated Raleigh Historic Landmark. It was built in 1898 by Adolphus G. Bauer, a notable architect local to the Raleigh area. The house was originally owned by Lucy Capehart, daughter of former State Attorney General Bartholomew Moore, and her husband B.A. Capehart. The Capehart's owned the house until Lucy's death in 1908. The house then became the residence of sheriff H.H. Crocker until 1947. In 1971, it was acquired by the N.C. State Government and has served as government offices since. In 1979, the Capehart-Crocker house was moved from 403 North Wilmington St, to its current location on Blount St.
The Ethics Commission's offices were located in the Capehart-Crocker House until August 2017, when the Commission's staff was moved to the Dobbs Building following the merger of the Commission and the State Board of Elections. The Commission will be returning to the House in the next few months.